Smart Tech Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 12 December 2011

Communicating with Space ...

Posted on 10:08 by Unknown
Endeavour
Think about all the ways you have communicated with people today?

Have you talked on the phone?
Have you sent an email?
Have you written a letter?
Have you video chatted with someone?

What ways do you think you could communicate with the International Space Station?

Think about what it would be like to be a NASA astronaut.
What kinds of things would you see?
What do you think you would experience?

That could be a great idea for brainstorming, writing a journal, or creating a blog post.

I remember the Challenger Space Shuttle.

Do you have any NASA-related memories?
Will our students have any memories of space exploration and discovery?

I came across a neat thing the other day related to NASA Astronauts.

According to the NASA site, you and your students can send greetings to the crew of the International Space Stations!
  • You can click on a postcard and then add a typed message.
  • You could also send a Holiday "tweet" on twitter the to NASA Astronauts ( @NASA_Astronauts )
Here is a Wonder of the Day from Wonderopolis that goes along with the Space topic too:
  • How Will Future Astronauts Travel to Outer Space?
image source
    Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
    Posted in Melissa Edwards | No comments
    Newer Post Older Post Home

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

    Popular Posts

    • Why can't I turn down the pages?
      If you find something you like on a page in a book, what do you do? Turn down page corners ... Underline ... Highlight ... Jot in the margin...
    • Timeline = Understanding?
      I was looking through some NC History information that involved lots of dates and events. I am also reading a novel that gives lots of dates...
    • Do You Have a PLN?
      The last couple of weeks I have had some technology issues that I had either forgotten about or had never heard of before. I started to thin...
    • What are WS/FCS teachers saying about Edmodo?
      Over the past few weeks I have had the privilege to work with teachers across the district who are using Edmodo in their classrooms. Wheth...
    • What I Learned This Week ...
      This was a very interesting week. I was at several different schools meeting with teachers during their grade level planning times. I listen...
    • What are you learning about this month?
      In March, one of the themes is Women's History Month. I came across this while looking at Thinkfinity today: The theme for the 2012 Wom...
    • ActivInspire and Jigsaw Puzzles
      I have been running down my feed lists and social media outlets today and came across a neat little tool that I had to share out. When I saw...
    • Listening is Powerful
      This past week I have been attending PLC and LTM meetings in my elementary schools and talking about how I could help them with technology a...
    • What's New in SMART Notebook ver.10.8
      SMART Notebook 10.8 was released in August, and I thought I would put some of the new features here in this blog. One of the features that I...
    • Working with Layers and ActivInspire
      Lately I have been learning a lot about ActivInspire software for Promethean boards. I must say that I have really been enjoying seeing what...

    Categories

    • #edchat
    • 21st Century
    • ActivInspire
    • activities
    • Administrators
    • adult learning
    • animoto
    • April Patterson
    • Art
    • assessment
    • Atomic Learning
    • Audacity
    • Black History Month
    • blog
    • Blogging
    • Bloom's Taxonomy
    • books
    • brain research
    • BrainPOP
    • Brainstorming
    • Brian Piekarski
    • broadcast
    • calendars
    • Celia Gossett
    • change
    • civics
    • Classroom 2.0
    • classroom design
    • collaboration
    • Colleen Fitzgerald
    • Common Core
    • CommonCraft
    • Conferences
    • connections
    • copyright
    • CPS
    • creativecommons
    • creativity
    • critical thinking
    • Curriculum Pathways
    • DE Streaming
    • DeLea Payne
    • Desiree Miles
    • DESTech101
    • digital
    • digital footprint
    • digital storytelling
    • Diigo
    • document camera
    • Dorene Bates
    • earth day
    • ebooks
    • edcamp
    • Edmodo
    • Edublog Awards
    • education
    • einstruction
    • ELA
    • elections
    • Emory Maiden
    • encyclopedia
    • engagement
    • english
    • environment
    • evaluation
    • Evan Herreid
    • Evernote
    • flickr
    • gadgets
    • geography
    • global
    • glogster
    • Google
    • Google Earth
    • grants
    • Hashtag
    • health
    • history
    • Ideas To Inspire
    • Ihttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifWB
    • images
    • Infographics
    • Inquiry
    • inspiration
    • Instructional Technology
    • integration
    • interactive
    • Internet Safety
    • IRC
    • IWB
    • Kerpoof
    • Leadership
    • Learn and Earn
    • Learn360
    • learning
    • Learning Village
    • LearnNC
    • literacy
    • Literature
    • LiveBinder
    • livebinders
    • Mandy Durrence
    • mapping
    • Marlo Gaddis
    • Marty Creech
    • math
    • media
    • Melissa Edwards
    • microsoft
    • Mindset
    • mobi
    • mobile
    • Moodle
    • multiple intelligences
    • NASA
    • NCTIES
    • NCVPS
    • NCWiseOwl
    • netTrekker
    • news
    • newscast
    • Ocean Portal
    • online learning
    • organize
    • parents
    • PLN
    • podcasting
    • presentationtools
    • Prezi
    • Primary Source Documents
    • professional development
    • Project Based Learning
    • promethean
    • QR Codes
    • Quest Atlantis
    • questions
    • reading
    • RSS
    • scholastic
    • Schoolwires
    • science
    • search engines
    • SimpleK12
    • simulations
    • skype
    • SMART
    • social bookmarking
    • Social Media
    • social studies
    • STEM
    • Steven Anderson
    • strategies
    • StudyBlue
    • StudyLadder
    • summer
    • Symbaloo
    • teacher tips
    • TeachersDomain
    • technical
    • technology
    • Technology Coaches
    • technology integration
    • TED
    • Television
    • Thinkfinity
    • Tiki-Toki
    • timelines
    • TPACK
    • training
    • Twitter
    • video
    • virtual field trips
    • virtual worlds
    • vocabulary
    • voicethread
    • Weather
    • web 2.0
    • web-based tools
    • webcam
    • Webinars
    • websites
    • Wife Swap
    • wikis
    • Wonderopolis
    • wordclouds
    • wordle
    • Works
    • writing

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (19)
      • ►  November (4)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2012 (104)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (5)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (6)
      • ►  July (5)
      • ►  June (12)
      • ►  May (10)
      • ►  April (17)
      • ►  March (17)
      • ►  February (13)
      • ►  January (13)
    • ▼  2011 (268)
      • ▼  December (16)
        • Our Top Posts Of 2011
        • Express Poll in ActivInspire
        • Making Connections
        • Read ... Write ... Think ...
        • ActivExpressions Are Cool!
        • Embedding HTML into ActivInspire
        • Meeting Standards Using Online Resources
        • The Edublog Awards
        • North Carolina Virtual Public School (NCVPS) Help ...
        • Holiday Themes
        • Google Earth Timeline
        • Communicating with Space ...
        • A Window To The World With Webcams
        • The Technology Integration Answer (Well Almost...)
        • A Date Which Will Live in Infamy
        • You Always Wanted To Know The History Of Searching...
      • ►  November (21)
      • ►  October (21)
      • ►  September (19)
      • ►  August (14)
      • ►  July (21)
      • ►  June (37)
      • ►  May (26)
      • ►  April (24)
      • ►  March (29)
      • ►  February (23)
      • ►  January (17)
    • ►  2010 (109)
      • ►  December (17)
      • ►  November (29)
      • ►  October (12)
      • ►  September (13)
      • ►  August (11)
      • ►  July (16)
      • ►  June (11)
    Powered by Blogger.

    About Me

    Unknown
    View my complete profile